Thursday, May 21, 2009

1st Pics of Baby Sister

Right after the birth. I was happy and surprised to get to hold Kaija for a long time after the birth. I asked the midwife and nurses if she was OK and they kept reassuring me that she was. KB was taken away after birth because of his breathing problems so this has been a new experience. I was happy it was over if you can't tell and it is a good thing we did not video the birth. Mikko said I had CRAZY eyes during the pushing phase. He said he is glad that he is not a woman.
7lbs and 15oz, 21 inches. Baby sister was a whole pound bigger than her big brother and couple inches longer. He better watch out.

Another shot after the whirlwind delivery. I still can't believe how fast it went.
The first meeting KB was not sure about his sister but he seems to be doing a lot better now. We will see what being home is going to be like.

Our little girl, she looks just like KB did.

Lots of hair.
Daddy Daughter, so precious.
Going home. It was a task to get our car seat back to infant size it was still set up for a one year old.
Mikko did a little decoration and I was so happy that he did.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She is pretty! I love her already!!

Gretchen said...

I love that hair! And PS you look fabulous for just going through that! I looked at pictures of me the other day in the hospital...can we say scary!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful!!! She looks so tiny when Mikko is holding her.

Kristin said...

Congratulations Natalie!! How exciting!

Achtung Amy! said...

Natalie, you look amazing. I know they say that prego woman have a glow but you were glowing post delivery...and no, that wasn't a joke. You look great!

Nina and Ryan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is so beautiful. We can't wait to meet--keep us posted on how you and baby are doing :)

jakenapril said...

Oh, Natalie! She is gorgeous! And what a whirlwind delivery indeed! KB and dad look so happy to have another girl in the house! Hooray! Can't wait to come and see her.