Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Mom is Amazing & Baby Sisters Room

There was a infant clothing sale at Old Navy and so since I only had only dress for baby sister I decided to spend some money. I spent $100 on new clothes for baby and Kaleb. We are trying to have everything ready for the baby to come. I want to be ready by the end up April in case she comes early like Kaleb did. I still have a couple of things left to do in the room and then I will put up some pics of the finished project. Also to come will Kaleb's finished room and our Master bed and bath.
While I was in Kanab I took a few sewing projects with me for my Mom to help me with. Well since I was so sick she did everything for me. She is awesome. Here is the cover she made for our foam pad that we have in the theater room. I had no idea how to make one of those.

She mended the comforter I had made for Kaleb's room. I got a little close to the edges on some of the squares and Kaleb has peed on the blanket a few times so after washing it several times it was coming apart in places. Thanks Mom for fixing it for me.

Since I did not want to take apart the crib and change it to a different room we decided to just give Kaleb a new room and but the baby in Kaleb's old room. I did not want to paint so I just kept the green them and added some pink to be a little more girly. I found this cute fabric and my Mom sewed squares of it all along the bumper she did a great job. I tried and tried to convince that we should just do one long strip down the middle but she was determined that the squares would be cuter. It was more work for her but she did an awesome job.

Then we just used some of the same material and attached a strip of it to the existing curtains I had. I think they look great. I wish I would have taken a picture of my Mom actually doing all of the sewing. She is great I wish I would have learned to sew from her when I was younger. But I was pretty stubborn and I would never listen to her when we tried to do sewing projects together as a teenager. Sorry Mom. But it is my loss now.

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

I LOVED seeing your house today! That room is darling and so is your whole house!

Unknown said...

Everything is really cute! I love how you just changed things to work and they all look so great. Grandma is the the greatest! Can't wait to see you guys soon. I will remember to bring the clothes.

Brant and Jana said...

I love that pink and green together so cute. Your mom is amazing and not just with sewing. She is the best mother-in-law I have ever heard of and she's mine. We are all so lucky to have her!

Ashley Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Jackson said...

It all looks so great, Grandma is amazing, she can do anything! I love her:) You are so creative with everything you do, I'm so impressed, you must get it from Grandma:)

Heidi said...

Hey natalie!
I'm stalking you:)
Cute nursery and getting a cute idea for the baby shower. What are you going to name her? Shoot me an email heidipwalsh@hotmail.com. Thanks:)

Feel free to stop by...
smushedgoldfishinthecracksoflife.blogspot.com