Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kanab Visit

We headed down to Kanab last Tuesday to visit my parents. We usually go down for Easter but I was pretty sure that by the time Easter rolled around I would be way to uncomfortable to make the 5 hour drive. Kaleb was pretty good in the car and we made pretty good time. I of course had to stop a couple of times to pee. By the time we got there I knew it was a mistake for me to make the drive by myself my back was killing me and my neck muscle were so tight. I made a massage appointment but unfortunately that didn't happen cause the therapist got sick. Didn't really matter I caught Kaleb's cold he had the week before and it was the worse cold I think I ever had. I could not do a thing. Being pregnant was not a plus. It was good I was with my family so they could take care of Kaleb for me.

Kaleb had so much fun while there. The weather was great it was 70plus all week except Sunday. My brother's family came down on Thursday and so between those cousins and the ones in Kanab Kaleb had a wonderful. Time the best thing was I think he only watched 3 TV shows the whole time we were there!!

Here Kaleb is showing off his taadaa trick for Grandma and Grandpa. See the little ball toy thing. That was Kaleb's favorite toy. He played with it everyday for a long time. Pretty sure that if I had one at home he could care less about it but since he sees it only once in a while he loves to play with it.
One day we went to the furniture store to look at some carpet samples and they had a plane to play with when we left he thought he should be able to take it with him. Unfortunately we could not. He cried and cried then my mom of course had to spoil him and went to the dollar store and bought him a plane to play with. He loved it of course.

Aunt Kristi came and took Kaleb out to play one day and he found Grandpa's riding lawn mower and he just had to sit on it for a long time and pretend he was driving a truck. He kept calling it a truck. Kaleb was funny he loves his jacket he did not need it one but everyday he thinks he needs his shoes and jacket before he goes outside. So sad what winter has done to him. jk So that is why he is wearing a jacket with shorts.

Here is Kaleb feeding the neighbors horses, he loved looking at them and Grandpa helped him get some grass to feed them.

I imagine that the look on his face is the surprise of how strong the horses are when they take the grass out of his hands.


Another day and another fun time blowing bubbles with cousins. He had so much fun. He did not call his cousins by name but he would always ask for them when he woke up. He either wanted to know where Grandpa was or the cousins. One day my dad and McKay went to go get the other truck and Kaleb starting crying when Grandpa was leaving that they caved and let Kaleb go with them in the big truck. He loved it.


No comments: