Wednesday, July 23, 2008

East Farms Inspired

Back in March a lady in our ward told the RS sisters about buying a share into a farm and you get fresh veggies. I was interested about it so I checked it out. It works like this. You can either buy a share or half share of crops from East Farms LLC. Then you get fresh produce every week for 18 weeks starting in June. We just pick it up at a drop off location not far from our house.

I thought this would be a great way to get some fresh veggies into our diet so I signed up. I thought the half share would be to much for our little family so I actually share it with my neighbor and we only pay $5 a week for it. So the first week came and we got tons of different kinds of lettuces, ones I have never even heard of so from trying this out I have googled recipes cause I am not sure what to do with some of the stuff. Turns out I have kinda been a little culinary. This first picture is of a Feta arugula pizza I made and it was yummy. There is no meat and it even satisfied Mikko's appetite which is amazing. One week we got some radishes and I did not want to eat them raw. So I googled and viola that night we had onion radish soup! Yes everyone says oh that sounds interesting but yes it was delicious. Last week we had a bunch of veggies and I needed to use them up so I made a yummy beef veggie stir fry but did not take a pic but it was good.

This bottom picture is of a yummy apricot faux pie. I have never fried apricots before and it was yummy! Thanks to my neighbor she had a bunch of apricots she got from her family so I tried out the recipe from BHG and it was a hit, but I did add my own fresh mint that I grew!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ok, I'm really impressed! I would love something like that!! I'll have to see if there is anything in our area. Good going Chef!

Mikkel said...

Love the Jewish friend, hehe. Food looks yummy and wish that is what Traj looked like in his CRIB!