Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

We had a great time on the 4th of July, well July 3rd and 4th, in Davis county they have fireworks on the 3rd at the EagleRidge Golf course so we went to dinner with two of our Neighbors at Costa Vida and then headed up the hill. We were amazed at how many people were up there. It's beautiful up on the "east bench". We had to park far away but we enjoyed the company. Amazingly Macey Anderson and Kaleb stayed awake until 10pm for the show. Kaleb watched them for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep. The trek back to the car was fun carrying 30lbs of dead weight. We are great parents, we did not think to bring a stroller or chairs or treats but we had fun anyway.
The following morning we hurried to get to the parade in Centerville that started at 9am then ended up waiting 45 minutes for the first float to get to us. We were at the end of the route. Centerville does a great job and Natalie's favorite parts were the bagpipe band and the fly by that started the parade off. They had 4 fighter jets go by along with some other huge plane. An older lady gave Kaleb this flag and he enjoyed waving it. I think Kaleb is a cutie and I have alot of strangers say he is the cutest kid. I like to think they think Kaleb is the only cute baby around but I am sure they say that to alot of moms, but he is the cutest kid to me!
I thought this was a great shot that we took while waiting for the parade to finally get to us. Kaleb is funny he finally gets to this position but begins to cry cause he does not know what to do next, I am thankful that he's not too mischievous. After the parade and a nap we headed on down to Orem to my sister Kanani's home for their annual water fight and BBQ, we missed the water fight but enjoyed the great food we had for dinner. They usually do fireworks too but they had tickets to the Stadium of fire to see Miley Cyrus, so after giving them a hard time about how much fun they were going to have we headed back home and lit off some fireworks before bedtime. Mikko bought the fireworks and bless his Finnish soul he lights these ones and nothing happens there is no fuse. I asked him what they were and he said some snake thing. I laughed and told him that you actually have to light the snake on fire for it to coil and told him they are not that exciting. So we just enjoyed the spinning flower fireworks and next time I will purchase them. :o)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mikkel said...

Yay!!! I was so excited to get this email!! Your blog looks great. Kaleb is looking like a total kid! Whoa. I love that you have a kitty. I want a little animal for Traj. He would love it. I'll be checkin in on ya!

Angela Brown said...

I asked Robert if Kanani was having their annual water fight and he said he didn't know, but you answered that question. Sorry we missed it, I'm sure you all had a great time!!

Carrie said...

Welcome to Peer Pressureville. Here's my blog: http://thecarriechronicle.blogspot.com/

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Natalie I am so excited that you started a blog. I just started on also about a month ago. I see that you already found it so that is good. It is a fun way to keep in touch. And your blog is really cute, I'm very impressed!:) I love the pictures of Kaleb he is getting so big I can't believe it. It will be fun to see you guys again when we are back home in Utah:)

McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janette said...

Natalie,I love you are blogging too. It will be so fun to see what your guys are up to all the time! And, look at you already getting so many comments on your blog!

Nina and Ryan said...

Hey Natalie--welcome to blogging!! So far you are more up to date on things than I am :) ryanandninamort.blogspot.com

Mikkel said...

So I am glad to hear you have succumbed to the Twilight pressure too! Haha. Ya, I am just immature enough that I can get way into it! Are you coming to town for the 24th and Brandon's deal?
ps. I know, I feel like I am going to concerts and stuff way more than usual, but I figure why not take advantage of living where the concerts are? I usually have to drive 3 hours and deal with a hotel and what not! We need a new post! No pressure!