Thursday, March 24, 2011

March So Far


Super heroes can always be found in our home. I got this cute cut out mask from the local library for free and the kids have loved playing with them. Good buddy Chase came to play with us now that they are a little closer to Draper. Kaleb wore is mask the whole day pretty much the first day we made the masks. I feel bad for the day when he finds out the there really are no super heroes.


So far this month we also got to visit the Doctor's office. We were at the grocery store and the kids wont sit in the cart any more they have to push around there own mini carts. Well they both ran off down an isle. I give up trying to get them to stay with me and then I hear bawling. When I get to them Kaija is on the ground and her cart is tipped over and she is bleeding. Kaleb admits he pushed her somehow but I don't really know what happens. I decide to take her to the Dr. cause I don't want it to scar really badly. We wait for an hour in the room. Finally glue her and then the next morning she had pulled of the glue in the middle of the night. Just great. Oh well if she scars she scars.

My "sweet hobby" this month so far has led to green and trying to use up more of the fondant I have. I made cute graduation caps for one of the classes at Skin Science Institute since I actually got to go a graduation lunch. Then I made some graham cracker cupcakes with lime curd filling and whipped topping for frosting for a family post Saint Patties Day get together.
Some of the things Kaleb has made lately at school.

St. Patrick's Day


For St. Patrick's Day I made green pancakes and the kids looked adorable in their green shirts.

And no we did not have corned beef and cabbage. I made some delicious Indian food. Chicken Tikka Masala, and Aloo gobi. It was really good it was the first time I have made Indian food or have eaten it. I like to watch Aarti Party on the food network and she is and Indian cook and her food looks so yummy that I had to give it a try.

Soldier Hollow




And before all of the snow had melted up in Midway we went tubbing. I got half off on a city deal and so Mikko took a Friday off and we headed up to Midway for a couple of hours. Kaleb had a great time. Kaija lasted about 30 minutes and then we took her to the car for a nap. It was really fun but probably not worth the money with littler kids maybe we will do it again in a few years. I think the kids will really love it when they are bit older. We were going to go out to dinner in Heber but the restaurant, Claim Jumper, we wanted to go to was not open until 5 and it was only 4 so we headed home. Got some yummy take out from Zuppas for Mikko and I and we took it over to McDonalds to get the kids happy meals and then let them play in the playland. It went really well. You just have to compromise sometimes.

No comments: