Thursday, March 3, 2011

February 2011

So last year we decided to take turns at planning our Anniversary. Mikko took last year and we went to Vegas but this year the funds were a little lower since out recent purchase of a home. Anyway I took on the task of jamming as much as I could get in a 24 hour period. I bought a discounted night at the Alaskan Inn in Ogden Canyon and it was only good Sunday through Thursday nights. McKay and Lois were kind enough to take the kids for us over night. McKay picked up the kids around 4:30 on his way home and I headed downtown to pick up Mikko. I kept the events a secret from Mikko.
We dined at Macaroni Grill, Mikko's favorite, and then we stopped at the french bakery called Gormandise Bakery and bought some yummy pastries. We headed up to Ogden. We we got to our room the lights would not come on so we went to another room and it was sooo cold because they had not turned on the heat previously. Anyway it these type of rooms that they have all decorated in themes. Know I can't even remember what our room name was. But it had this big jetted tub in it and it was decorated all woodsy, and log cabin. We enjoyed our pastries and sparkling cider provided with the room.
In the morning we watched a movie in the room and had breakfast in bed, that came with the room rental as well. It was great fun. We then went and test drove some cars and then got massages at Healing Mountain massage. Our last stop was to look at some cabinets because we are thinking of redoing our kitchen and it was off to get the kids back. The silence was over and Kaleb was so sad he had so much fun with his cousin Ella and did not want to come home.








So February I decided to start a new hobby that I have called my "Sweet Hobby". I see these blogs with these cute decorated cookies and I decided that I want to see if I can do it as well. My first batch came out better than my second. It is time consuming but it is fun to do. I also started the HCG diet right after the anniversary and can have no sugar on it and I was amazed that I did not eat any of the cookies even though I really really wanted to. I also made homemade fondant and it taste pretty good, it's just marshmellow and powder sugar. I made some cute cookies for my friends baby blessing and it was fun to go back to our old ward and see people from our old neighborhood.
Kaija loves to draw and thank goodness we have washable markers cause everytime she uses them she draws all over her self, the talbe, the chair and her clothes. She is a stinker most of the time. I really hope that she grows out the the terrible two stage before she turns 2!!




No comments: