Friday, October 30, 2009

Rest of October

I have not updated in a while and I have take a few pictures and we have done a few things this month.
Kaleb always wants me to take his picture with Kaija so here again is another pic of the two. I could not get it to rotate.
Kaleb is on and off with his eating habits. Sometimes he is a good eater and will eat vegetables and protein but then sometimes I can't get him to eat anything. So I tried to be a little creative. With Halloween this month I tried a couple of tricks like these mashed potato ghost. Kaleb enjoyed biting off their heads. I also made some Halloweenies, which were sausages wrapped up in crescent dough strips and baked. I forgot to take a picture of those.



Kaija 5 MONTHS OLD. She really loves to smile and laugh. I also had to get a picture of her chunky legs. She is in the 95% for her weight and it shows. It is adorable, at least I know she is not starving.

We made a trip to Kanab for my nephew's farewell and Mikko was also out of town for work so it worked out good. The drive down was a bit of a challenge. Almost 3 year old + 5 month old + 5-6 hours in a car=not a brilliant idea!
Once we got there the weekend went great. Kaleb enjoyed being able to go the park. The weather was great and Grandma and Grandma took good care of us. McKay and Kanani were also down so they helped out with the kids and Kaleb's cousins, Morgan and Sydney were willing to play with Kaleb although they are a lot older than him. He loves to play with the older kids and I really appreciate them being willing to play with him since he does not have and cousins the same age as him.

Kaija enjoyed Grandma reading to here and I had to get a picture of Kaija in the Halloween outfit we had with Kaleb to see how similar they look. I compared and you can tell they are siblings but they do look different.

Grandma made some yummy banana cupcakes for Kaleb to decorate. He made a cute spider. Speaking of cupcake McKay made some YUMMY devil food cupcakes with some AWESOME butter cream frosting. You burn the butter......SO delicious. I brought down the chocolate that we had ordered through a co-op up here so we of course had to try and the high end cocoa and boy was it good.

Grandpa loves little Kaija and I am grateful that my parents love all of the 38 grand kids. You might think that after 38 of them you might not care but they put forth great effort to show that they love them. Thanks Mom and Dad.
I made these cute baby leg warmers for Kaija and they were pretty easy to do. Did it in 5 minutes or less. If you make them you have to make sure you use ladies knee highs or they wont fit. While I was in Kanab we tried some I guess they were crew socks and they only made it just past her knees.

1 comment:

Brant and Jana said...

Wish we could have been there! We miss you guys! Your kids are so cute and they are getting so big!