Saturday, October 3, 2009

First Brown Sister's Weekend

The Brown sisters finally had our sister's weekend. Well it was more like 24 hours. We have talked about doing this for a few years so when we were all sitting at the same table at our nephew, Terrance's luncheon I brought it up and volunteered to be the first host.
We started the event off with some Chinese take out, it was spicy and delicious. Then we headed downstairs for a movie. We had it at my place because I am still nursing Kaija and could not be away from her yet. The movie was good and we had fun chatting.
I forgot to take my camera for the rest of the event but here is what we did. The next morning we headed out for a walk. Kristi and Kanani were speedsters. It was nice to chat with Vanae. After the walk we had a yummy breakfast of creme brulee(sp?) french toast, bacon and fruit. We then watched a session of conference and worked on some file folder games that we are going to donate to the humanitarian center.
Then it was off to lunch at Texas Roadhouse, pretty good. Then did a little shopping and headed down to the school that I teach at for our facials.

This picture was taken after our facials. Kinda scary well at least I am. All the sisters enjoyed their facials and I am so glad that they did. I loved mine as well and realized that I have been so silly not to be doing it more often since I get two free treatments a month. What was I thinking by not going.
Thanks Vanae, Kanani and Kristi for coming to my house for a good time and for being my wonderful sisters!!

4 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

My mom said she had a lot of fun. Thanks for getting her away from canning for a little bit. She needed the break.

Kanani said...

It was great Natalie, thanks for hosting. Looking forward to the next one.

triplej said...

So fun...sisters is something I never had....sad to say! But I do have one dang cute sister-in-law forever, and ever!

Achtung Amy! said...

Oh, how much fun!!!!!