Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kanab visit/ BFR 09/ 4th of July

We had such a great time in Kanab. Kaleb and I went down the Sunday before the Brown Family Reunion. Kaleb had a blast. I needed to have help and so it was a good compromise. Although my parents only have a swamp cooler I survived.

Grandpa hooked up the wagon to the mower and gave KB rides all over the backyard. He loved it he was grinning the whole time. While down there Brant and Jana and family are living with my parents until he finds a job. Well Heath got a new batman toy and that was just too much for Kaleb he wanted it so bad and cried about it a lot. I took him to the family dollar store and got him a load of iron man stuff and he LOVED it. I know its not the best way to parent but I can't stand the crying all the time.


We celebrated my birthday while there KB enjoyed blowing out the cake. I made my own tres leche cake, it was delicious. Mom and Brant made chile verde burritos they were so so good, I need to get the recipe from Mom. Kaija was totally spoiled for a week she was always being held. Here is big brant and little Kaija.

Another shot of Kaija being spoiled this time by her cousin Brooklyn. We went swimming at the pool at McKay's condo. The water was freezing so we did not let Kaija in but we got her dressed for the event.


This shot is great after swimming we drove through McDonalds to get some lunch and we tried hard to keep Kaleb awake. We gave him some crackers to keep him up but this is as far as he got. The next picture was the talent portion of the first night of the Brown reunion. This night we got together with not just our family but my two uncles families as well. We enjoyed games for the kids and a great dinner and a little talent program.

The 4th of July was hot. The family had a float to represent. We did not win. Obviously they were not going by good looks. Some family whose roots are not even from Kanab. I guess matching shirts and a drum band is what the people like!


Our family had matching shirts for the 4th. And here is little Kaija's frog pose.


Swimming time at the public pool. Almost tradition that we got the pool at the reunion. Kaleb loved it. Kaija just dipped her toes.


They got a new slide at the pool. You go down on mats. Kaleb I chose not to use one afraid we would go to fast and be scary. Well my shorts pulled up and we got stuck at the end!


Dinner again with the family at the school field. Here is KB enjoying an ice cream. Dad and KB enjoying the fireworks. Krisit was in charge of the reunion and she did and amazing job. She got everyone this light sticks and Kaleb had a great time with them. He fell asleep that night holding 4 of them.

Sparkler time. And finally the trip back home. Kaleb took off his head rest and wore it on his head. I think he look like Queen Amidala from star wars. He now keeps doing it. He thinks it is pretty funny.

2 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

It was good to see you as well. Kaija is so cute. And Kaleb is getting so big and handsome.

Heidi said...

I love family reunions!
My favorite was the little froggy pose! Sooo cute! She's still so curly! Impressive that you got to be in the parade! Way fun!

I have the letters for your Kaija's board...I just need to remember to drop them by!