Sunday, August 1, 2010

June 2010

Man we took a lot of pics in June, well at least for us. We finally moved into our new home in Draper and we are loving it. It is a great location I am loving the convenience of having so many things not very far away at all. In fact most place we go are less then 5 minutes it is AWESOME!! Kaleb is having a great time as you can see he had played himself into a sleep!
Mikko had a little photo shoot with Kaija for her one year old pics. Since we got a new camera and Mikko took a class I thought he should try out his skills i think he did OK and he got some good pics of course none of these are been "worked on" but the rules he fine tuned look even better.

Wish she would keep this dang bows on but no luck!


Within in the first couple of weeks of our move Kaleb's but Chase from our old neighborhood came down for a visit and they had a great time on the slip and slide. I did not get a good one of the both of them together, darn.
Kaleb loves to help out with me baking, can't you tell.
We did Kaija's official first birthday about a month later than her actual birthday and she had a great time. Mikko's parents came down, and Mikko's brother came over. My parents along with my sister in law happen to stop in too so that was great.
When Mikko's parents came back from Australia last year the gift they brought back to Kaija was a little Koala sleeping buddy and she LOVES it. So I decided to make her a koala cake. I think I did a pretty good job and it was a yummy chocolate cake with burnt butter frosting. My brother McKay turned me onto that awhile ago and I love it.
She actually touch the candle when it was still hot so we had a few tears but she got over it and enjoyed the cake.

Kaija enjoyed opening presents, KB not so much as he wanted to open the gifts for her but they managed to share and have fun.


Here is her rocking moose we got her and she did not ride it much at first but now she is a pro and gets going pretty fast and hard.
Bath time, she loves to put everything in her mouth especially bottles of things, shampoo, lotion, soap, deodorant an so on..

KB found this snow suit we got from my friend for Kaija and he wanted to put it on one day. What a goofy kid!
Cute Kaija wanting to paint.
There is the doughnut shop down the street called "Beyond Glaze", they have gourmet doughnuts well the doughnuts are just regular doughnuts but the toppings are the gourmet. They were quite yummy the best were the fruity one, and the PB&Jam I thought was so great because the jelly tasted just like grape jelly! They were pretty pricey and I am sure a million calories each so they might just be a once a year special occasion. I bought them fathers day weekend and my parents were there so I figured those two event called for a special occasion.
We got daddy just a little something for fathers day.
Nothing exciting just some Oreo cookies, but hey they are his favorites.
Some fun in the sprinkler. Mikko had to join Kaleb so he would be brave enough to actually go through the sprinkler.
I love my white skinned boys. Don't want any skin cancer at this house. Well at least not again!

This bird was the bird that was annoying us for a good month after we moved in. Every morning at 5:30 it would be out on our deck chirping away. I think it was taunting out cat Tonka, but Tonka would not do anything about it. So we bought a bb gun, and we never hit it, I put out shiny metallic balloons which was supposed to scare them away....not. But after about a month the chirping stopped. I have no idea what happened but I think Tonka finally got sick of it and maybe took him out whatever it was we are very grateful.

My handsome boy.
Enjoying a popsicle on a warm day!

More bath time.
What brothers are made for right??!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed all your new pictures of those cute kiddos!

LDeSbian said...

Those are some great pics!