Sunday, August 1, 2010

April 2010

April came in slow then picked up dramatically at the end.
We enjoyed Easter at home and the kids enjoyed there Easter Baskets.


Kaija was simple just some snacks and call it good.
Kaleb for days wore his helmet and pads, he still has trouble riding the bike though for some reason he just can't get the concept of pushing his legs forward, he just goes backwards and of course that puts on the brakes.

I really need a lot more paitence cause it is frustrating to have him practice the bike. He just gives up when he can't do it after two tries.
Kaleb got potty trained in Feb. but he would not do no. 2 on the potty. He would hold it for 4 days at a time and I have no idea how he could do that. So he originally chose to have a Batman cave toy as he prize if he got fully potty trained but that didn't seem to have the draw for him to do the no. 2. So one day I thought about this IronMan helmet he saw once in a store and was always asking for it. Of course I was not going to buy it for him it was way too expensive. Well I found on online for way cheaper so my brilliant idea was to offer him as choice. So we asked Kaleb what would he rather want if he starting pooping in the toilet... Ironman Helmet or Batman Cave he chose the Helmet and Within a week he started going no. 2 in the toilet at least every other day and then every day. Yeah and he got his reward!
Over General conference weekend Janice Lee, mother of my friend Angie from South Carolina came to SLC for conference. We were able to meet for dinner and catch up. It was fun to get to visit with her and get all the news of her family. Kaleb fell asleep while at dinner he has been trying not to take naps anymore and sometines this is what happens in the early evening.
We did not go to Kanab for Easter this year because I had a bridal makeup job that I wanted to do but we decided to go down the next weekend. Kaleb always enjoys playing on Grandpa's riding lawn mower. I hope he wants to mow the lawn when he gets a little older at our house.
I got attacked by the little ones, they had a great time.
Looks like my age is showing in this pic.
Mikko took the kids up to Logan for the weekend it was my payback because Mikko got to be all alone when I took the kids with me to Minnesota so I got my alone time. I got a massage, went to dinner and a movie with my friend Kelli. I think I got a pedicure too, I can't remember.

The kids always enjoy time with Mummi and Pappa and we are so glad that they love to have them visit.

11 months old
They like to play together even though sharing is a challenge but I am sure that will be like that for awhile.
Kristi and Tom came up to SLC for meetings. They stayed at a motel downtown and Kristi invited us over for a swim a great time was had by all.
I stated before that April got busy at the end and it did. We had our home up for sale from Sept-Feb and we did not get any offers so we took it off the market th
en in April you used a discount broker where we just paid to have it listed but did not hire a Realtor that way we did not have to pay their fee and we were able to lower the price of our home. Well we did that the first week of April and we had about 6-7 showings then the last week of April we were outside working on the yard and a family stopped and asked if our house was for sell we said yes and they wanted to come look so we let them. We ended up getting an offer that day from a previous showing so we informed this family of that, that evening we got a full price offering from this family and we accepted and then May was a crazy month for sure.


No comments: