Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

I did not tell KB about the Easter bunny just told him that the Easter bunny brought him something this morning. It was really fun. When he saw the basket there was a little bunny in it and he grabbed it and said Easter Bunny. The day before we went to Dicks Market to make a deposit at the bank and they had a guy dressed up as the Easter Bunny. When KB saw him he just froze and stared at him for the longest time until a worker asked if we wanted a picture. He was hesitant to sit on his lap but did it and would not smile for the picture after the pic he just kept staring at the bunny I had to finally pull him away.
KB loves planes so he got a bunch of them in his basket.

Left over toy from Christmas that we did not give to him so used it for Easter. I was afraid he would not be interested in it but he loves it and says where is the farmer when he wants to play with it.
This was my attempt of getting him to smile for the camera so he could show off his messy face from the robin eggs. I was proud of myself I only bought one kind of candy and did not give him a ton. But really that is just because I am tired and lazy and then I would end up eating most of it anyway.
We also colored Easter eggs and Kaleb had fun putting some stickers on the eggs. It will be nice when he is older so that he can actually color them, too messy to let a 2 year old have control over dye.

Since we did not go to Kanab this year we only did a little over a dozen of eggs. I had to keep on the tradition since this was one of the most fun things we did on Easter weekend when I was a kid, besides rolling them at the dunes. We did not roll eggs but on Sunday I hid some eggs around the yard and let KB have an Easter egg hunt and he loved it and he got the eggs cracked and ready for me to peel and make deviled eggs. :) We had dinner over at the hubby's brother's house and the in-laws were down as well. It was a yummy meal and then we had some excitement, somehow KB twisted his leg and he would not walk on it and would cry so we went to the instacare. They did an x-ray but did not find anything wrong with his leg. Yesterday he was on and off all day. Running around one minute then saying his leg hurt the next. This morning he seems to be fine so hopefully we don't have to make another visit to the doctor.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Im glad his leg is ok! Sounds like a fun Easter, and PS I did the same thing, one bag of candy, bc I end up eating it all as well!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have started a blog. jonathonandamanda.blogspot.com Come check it out. It's crazy how big Kaleb has gotten since I saw him last.

Achtung Amy! said...

WOW, he's growing so fast!

Ashley Jackson said...

Cute new pictures Natalie. Kaleb is such a cute kid and he is so funny:) It looks like you guys had a fun Easter. We did get to go to Kanab but there weren't many people there this year so it just wasn't the same. Plus it rained all days Saturday so we didn't get to go egg rolling either. Boo for all this cold weather, where is the sunshine?!