Friday, December 26, 2008

Kaleb's First Sledding

The day after Christmas a bunch of us headed out to the Sand Dunes to do some sledding. It is very rare that Kanab even gets snow on Christmas, and we had 5 fresh inches of snow Christmas morning. Last time I remember snow on Christmas was 1989. Anyway, Kaleb likes the snow so we thought we would see how he would like going down a hill on a tube. He looks game in the beginning.
Looking a little nervous here.
He does not quite understand that he needs to hold on so he fell off at the end. And this was not a steep or big hill we are at least kind parents.
The result. I don't think he liked it. We had him go down twice by himself and it just ended up with big tears.
So Mom went down with him about 3 or 4 more times and he wanted to go to the car. We figured he would not last very long. He wanted to go back to grandma's and have some "hot chockey milk". So we loaded up and let everyone else stay longer. Mikko would have participated but we really did not think there would be that much snow and we did not have any snow gear. I was lucky that I brought my Uggs and they were great. Not real sledding boots as I think they are more for looks but they sure did keep my toes toasty. That coat I am sporty is probably from 1988. I know I had it in high school, so scary. Poor Mikko only had on sneakers and his toes were freezing. My parents didn't even have boots to borrow that is how little it snows in Kanab.

No comments: