Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vaulting Exhibit

Saturday we braved the snow storm and headed on down to Utah Valley for Lindsay and Abbey's (my nieces) vaulting program in Salem. I should have actually taken some pictures of them but I totally forgot. Anyway vaulting is basically like gymnastics done on horseback. They do certain positions or poses while the horse is trotting around. When we got there it was still snowing and I was hoping it was going to be warmer in the stable, but I was wrong. It was freezing and McKay did not tell us that we should be wearing a base layer. But we survived. Anyway while watching the girls do their thing pretty soon Kaleb wanted to get in on it. He started climbing on the little fence and he would put one leg on the fence and then would raise the other leg into the air while holding on to me. Then he would say "taa daa". It was so cute. The cold did not seem to bother him. After the show we made it up the big hill to McKay's and we visited, played games, ate dinner and waited for the storm to pass. We had a good time and we are glad McKay, Lois and family invited us out but next one we go to I think we be the spring show!

No comments: