Friday, September 19, 2008

Official Mormon Mom

I believe that I have officially become a Mormon Mom! Last weekend and last night was my first attempts at canning and all my bottles sealed! It is such a proud moment for me. But I must give credit where it is due.....thanks to the Internet, McKay, who corrected my mistakes while doing my salsa, Mom was not home when I called but McKay was there to save the day. And most of all I want to thank my Mom, after canning I have even more respect for her and I am amazed that year after year for 60 years she has canned numerous bottles, of peaches, pears, tomatoes, beans, cherries, jams, and has froze peas and corn. The time my Mom put into that year after year is amazing. Canning is so time consuming and I did it when Kaleb was gone or in bed there is no way I could have done it while he was awake. But my Mom had nine children and still canned year after year. I now know why she does not sleep. For years she was up at night bottling everything so that her family could enjoy wonderful food year round. She spoiled us that is for sure, buying canned fruit and vegetable from the store can't even come close. THANK YOU MOM! You are the best. I love you for the great example you are to me.
I made salsa and stewed tomatoes the first weekend and the above peaches I did last night.

3 comments:

Mikkel said...

I am jealous! I want to can some salsa. Gee, I'd like to be able to make some salsa in the first place. AND I would like a garden! Maybe someday. So where do you get the fruit you can?

Mom and Dad said...

This is the third time I have tried to leave a comment. If this does not work, we'll write a letter. you know how illiterate I am on these things. Your peaches and salsa look great. The peaches should take a blue ribbon in the county fair. You have really arrived. We will be looking forward to trying some this winter when we come to visit. Mom and Dad

Cindy said...

I am sooooo impressed! You go girl...